Choosing A Qualified Remodeler
The Benefits of Skylights
As the first day of summer quickly approaches, days are becoming longer and evenings shorter.
How much? How long?
A home renovation is no small decision, so we get a lot of questions before starting a project. Questions like, "How much of an investment will this be?" and "How long will it take?". In this blog, we'll highlight some of the most popular renovating and remodeling projects and the general investment and timelines associated with them.
Here’s the reality of doing a remodeling project on your home – it’s inconvenient, you have strangers in your space, and they make a lot of noise and interrupt your schedule. They could be there for weeks and even months. The end product should be beautiful, but is it worth the process? Absolutely, but the process will always be better if you take the time to choose a qualified remodeler.
What you want to do is find a remodeler you can trust. Find someone who you can not only build a new kitchen or bathroom with but also a relationship as well. When looking for a qualified remodeler look for a team who…
- Is trustworthy
- Has a good reputation
- Is involved in the industry
- Is honest and has integrity
- Is able to communicate clearly and efficiently
- Has a system to protect your home during construction
It’s kind of like dating… kind of. To make sure you find a remodeler with these qualities, here are some things you can do…
- Do some research on the company and its culture.
- Look at their previous projects.
- Ask previous clients about their experience.
- Talk to your contractor and build a relationship with them.
- Set clear expectations from the start.
- Make sure their process fits.
Keep in mind that your remodeler will also have some questions for you as well. To make the process go smoothly, it’s good to be prepared to answer them. Here are some questions we typically ask our clients.
- What qualities are you looking for in a contractor?
- How/where did you get our contact info?
- What made you make the decision to call us?
- When would you like your project to be completed?
- How many people are you going to interview for this project?
Overall, it’s important to go through these questions because finding the right remodeler for you can help greatly improve your remodeling experience. It will also help you set clear up front expectations to help guide the rest of your project.