Spring Home Checklist
The change of seasons brings a change of household chores. There are a few important things to think about when the cold months come sweeping in. We are quickly approaching the winter solstice even though it has felt like winter for the past few weeks and it that means time to get your house ready for the cold!
Spring is here and we’re ready for it! Is your home?
The weather is getting warmer and it’s time to give your home its seasonal checkup. Keeping up with home maintenance can be overwhelming, so we’ve put together a list to help you keep your home in order this Spring. Here are a few projects you can do to get your house ready for the warm months ahead:
- Clean gutters and downspouts – They can easily get clogged from all the Winter storms.
- Inspect roof – Winter weather can be pretty rough on them.
- Inspect driveways and paths – Winter temperatures can do some damage.
- Check screen doors and windows – Be sure to check for rips and tears.
- Check sprinklers – Save water and your plants.
- Schedule maintenance for your air conditioning system – You’ll be glad you did when the temperature rises.
- Inspect caulking around doors and windows – Keep your home sealed and protected
- Paint exterior – A fresh coat gives a nice facelift.
- Check for termites – They swarm in the Spring, so keep an eye out for them.
- Pressure wash siding – It does wonders for the look of your home.
Spring projects can be overwhelming, but if you take it one task at a time, your house will be warm weather ready and you’ll be free to enjoy it!